Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Citizenship or not - that's the question...

Annoying! Back in December I had to go down to Grand Junction to renew my green card that expired in April of 2008 (yes, I was a little late). That was an experience in itself. I had rented a car for the day - a little white Ford Focus that was a piece of shit and didn't even make it up our driveway. But I was lucky and a neighbor came and pulled me up after two hours of trying. Worth to mention is also that I had the stomach flu the day before and hadn't had anything to eat in the last 24 hours. Enough said about that! No, one more thing,, when they were about to take my picture in Grand Junction I thought I should show off my pearly whites and try to look as pretty as possibly but that was a BIG no-no. New rules... Sorry Miss, but you cannot show your teeth. OK?! Why am I not amazed?

Anyway; my new Green Card is still not here and I definitely don't want any problems in immigration after Mexico so now I have to visit the USCIS one more time to get a special stamp in my passport.

I have not decided whether I want to become an American citizen or not, at least I have not wanted to rush it. However; becoming an American citizen seems to make my life easier when traveling, so I might have to think it over again. Next Friday I am driving all the way down to Denver to get stamped. Ahhh,, I love living in the middle of nowhere - NOT!

1 comment:

anna i CO said...

Hej. Fick ett mail från swea nu och deras träff är den 25 feb i Denver. Jag vill åka, vill du följa med.
//Anna.