Thursday, December 3, 2009

Betty is sick...

Betty is sick. She needs a new alternator.

Today I learned that alternators are used in modern automobiles to charge the battery and to power a car's electric system when the engine is running. I also believe I have found a decent mechanic who is able to perform the surgery on Betty.

I have been outside in the cold for over an hour and I am so cold it hurts! When Betty wouldn't start a couple of people tried to help jump start her but she just wouldn't have it. Just when I thought Betty's life was about to come to an end they told me about this one amazing car doctor. He was able to come to our rescue within a minute and he did a quick but convincing diagnosis on Betty. She needs a new alternator or she'll stay in this coma for the rest of her life. Since my wish is to keep her around for a little longer I am going to purchase the essential organ tomorrow.

A typical automotive alternator mounted in a spacious pickup truck engine bay. The alternator is at the center of the picture, driven by a belt and pulley.

1 comment:

Systra said...

Stackars Freddriksson :-))))