Thursday, August 21, 2008

Material world

If it wasn't for me we would never have any furniture. We would have plenty of stuff, mostly Max's, but nowhere to put it. And since I am about to brag anyhow, I might as well add that if it wasn't for my carpenter skills, we would still not have any furniture or nowhere to put Max's stuff. I don't know if Swedish people automatically inherit the IKEA gene or what it is, but when I get boxes containing pieces of wood, screws, nails and a guide how to put it together I get excited. I like puzzles too. I find it extremely satisfying when all these little pieces, which from the beginning only seemed like a pile of unknown parts, end up in one complete unit. This particular desk even exceeded my expectations. I found it by coincidence at http://www.officedepot.com, and after 10% off and free delivery I got it for only $142.00. Moreover; the quality is great, sturdy and solid. Sitting here typing makes me feel like writing a book. I want to write a book and make as much money as J. K. Rowling. Hmm, better get on it…

No comments: